Newsletter – Competition Week 17 – Centre Championships
Hello Team Caulfield. This Saturday is our Centre Championships and last competition for the Summer Season 22/23. With 295 athletes registered to compete it’s going to be a massive day. All parents are needed to do duty and help pack up to ensure the smooth running of the program.
**PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR CHILD’S COMPETITION PATCH**
Competition Week 17 – Saturday 25th March
- Final Program is available here
- Please note that where possible, the program could run early, so please arrive in plenty of time for your child’s first event.
- If the track/field station is free earlier the program will run slightly ahead – we will not hold the events.
- If there is a clash between Track and Field events for your child, Track will take priority.
- Warm Up: 8:15am
- Pack Up Duty: All Age Groups
- All parents ensure you sign in for duty at the duty desk on arrival, then report to your duty location.
- A parent or guardian must be present during competition.
- No dogs allowed at the track.
Saturday 25th March
Centre Championships Week 17.
Monday 3rd April
Winter Training commences 5pm-6pm and continues through until the end of August.
Saturday 22nd April
Annual General Meeting & Presentation Day.
Saturday 24th June
State Cross Country Relay Championships.
Saturday 29th July
Region Cross Country Championships.
Saturday 12th August
State Cross Country Championships.
We look forward to seeing you at the track this Saturday.
Club Championships – Saturday 25th March
A reminder that entries close for the Club Championships next Monday 20th March at 11.59AM.
You must register your child to compete at this event which is being held on Saturday 25th March.
Please note: All families are required to assist with duty on the day.
What are the Caulfield Centre Championships?
The Caulfield Centre Championships is a special competition format and is the pinnacle competition of the Club’s athletics calendar. At Centre Championships, athletes select the events they wish to compete in, up to a set maximum for their age group. Think of it as our own State Championships. Medals are awarded on the day to placegetters in each event. It is a big day and lots of fun!
When are they held?
The Caulfield Centre Championships are programmed for Saturday 25th March, commencing at 8:15am. Finish time depends on the event program of each individual athlete with last events being run around 1:15pm. The program is longer due to the increase in events offered. If there is a clash between Track and Field events, Track will take priority.
Check out the DRAFT competition program for a guide to event timings.
Check out the Events Selection Table here. Remember to choose no more than 2 events in a category.
Why do I need to register my athlete?
The registration process is required so that a program of events for participating athletes can be organised. The entire field of events per age group are offered but athletes can only register for a select number of events, meaning that some events may not be held and competition recording sheets will be drafted only for registered athletes.
Does it cost money to register?
No, there is no fee for registration, it just assists with the organisation of the event.
When do I need to register by?
Registrations close on Monday 20th March at 11:59AM. No late entries will be accepted.
Event registration is completed via Results HQ https://www.resultshq.com.au. If you do not know your username or password, click on the Forgot password link on the Results HQ homepage.
Once logged in, follow these steps:
- Click on the ‘Nominations’ button at the top of your home screen.
- Click on ‘Begin Nomination’ for the 2023 Caulfield Little Aths Club Championship Meet.
- Click on ‘Begin Nomination’ on the top right hand corner.
- For each athlete in your family, click on the checkbox against the event you wish to register for. Ignore the event time. You may choose up to the maximum number of events for your age group and remember to choose no more than 2 events in a category: Sprint, Track/Distance, Jump and Throw as per the Event Selection Table.
- Finally, select ‘select Cash/EFT/Voucher’ and click on ‘Pay Cash/EFT’ on the left of the page to submit your event nominations (note that no payment will be taken).
- You will be provided a summary of your event nominations and also receive an email with the same information.
- You may edit your registration at any time up until event registration closing, on Monday 20th March at 11.59AM. This is done by going through the same process above and simply re-entering your registration with your new event selections.