Season 2021/22 registrations are now open!
Hello to all of our Team Caufield and prospective members. The winter cross country season has come to an end and we are in full preparation mode for the summer season ahead – which will be hot on the heals of the Olympic Games.
Some key points
- Cauflield Little Athletics is heading into our 52nd year of providing fun, fitness and participation for children aged 5 to 15.
- Located at the wonderful Duncan Mackinnon Reserve, Murrumbeena, we are blessed with the best athletics sporting facilities in the region.
Our new season starts soon
- Registrations are now open. Email membership questions to our Registrar Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training will commence in late October.
- Competition will commence on Saturday 6th November and culminate with our Club Championships on Saturday 2nd April 2022.
Little Athletics is all about fun, fitness, family and at Team Caulfield we add participation. We want to see all of our children having fun, making friends, improving their fitness and foundational skills of running, jumping and throwing. Little Athletics is not about being the fastest or strongest, it is about doing your best and continually improving week on week.
Team Caulfield details
- $200 to join for the season. Also budget $35 for a running top if you are a new athlete.
- Little Athletics is covered by the Victorian Government Get Active Kids Vouchers which should be open in August/September for individual application of $200 grants – How to apply | Get Active Victoria
- Training – Team Caulfield offer the best little Aths training in the state and do so at no extra cost to our members. Training is fully optional. This season training will be held on Monday and Wednesday nights – likely 5:30pm to 6:30pm. A specialised Thursday night training is likely to be offered also for throwing and jumping.
- Competitions are generally held on a Saturday morning, with a start time of 8:30am and a finish at 11:00am. We do some fun Friday night competitions on long weekends.
- Team Caulfield also offer the wonderful On Track program which provides a framework for our 5 and 6 year old athletes. This has become hugely popular. Our On Track offering includes optional training Monday and Wednesday nights and a shortened competition morning from 9:00am to 10:30am on Saturdays which is a mixture of fun and educational games and competitive events.
- Inclusion Policy – Little Aths can be inclusive for all children. Team Caulfield are moving into our third year operating under our Inclusion Policy. If you have questions regarding levels of physical and mental ability then please contact our Inclusion Officer Sarah through email email@example.com to see how we can work with you to ensure all children can participate and have fun at little aths.
- Parents/Carers need to understand that they are an important part in keeping our sport moving forward. Parents are expected to assist every second week on a rostered basis. It’s not scary, you don’t need to be an expert, and it’s actually great fun to be involved with the children.
If you’d like to know more, wish to lend a hand or have any questions please call our President Jason – 0439 347 291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to getting back on track with you soon.
Caulfield Little Aths
Proudly Supported by Bendigo Bank Murrumbeena Community Bank
Call Sue to see how the Bendigo can support your Banking and Insurance Requirements while supporting the local community.